Monday, January 14, 2008

My Josh

Kayla tends to get a lot of attention because of all the news articles she's been in and all the tv she's been on and she's a sweetheart - but, I have to tell you that my Josh is also an incredible kid!

I can't tell you how proud I was of him when I saw his heartfelt response on EMHE Sunday evening.

And, yes, many of you have asked - it's true. He loves to spend time with his sister and doesn't like to leave her inside, watching out the window :)

I just want my amazing son to know how very proud I am of him and am so thankful that the world got to see a little of his imaginative personality!

And by the way, his room was because of a series of books he read : The DragonKeeper Chronicles by author Donita K. Paul. These books are amazing and completely sparked his imagination in new and creative ways we could have never imagined! I've read them myself and you need to go out and purchase these books and read them! Then, you'll find out why Josh is a "dragon keeper" and his dragon in his room is a reading chair - they thought of so much! Go check out :
http://www.dragonkeeper.us

Josh - you're a winner and I love you so much!

7 comments:

flynmomma said...

Kim, My name is Deb and I have 2 daughters with HSAN. We were able to watch Extreme Home Makeover on sunday and was so excited to get a glimps at your family. Our daughters are now 17 and 13. Our 13 year old is named Mickayla. Your daughter reminded me so much of our daughter. Isn't it amazing how God can help connect people. We homeschool 2 of our 5 children. I would love to be able to get in touch with you and share concerns, prayers, thoughts about our daughters. I started a blog today so you can check it out if you'd like. It is The Lewis Family. My email is flynmomma@yahoo.com. God bless you and your wonderful family!

Donita K. Paul said...

I will testify to Josh's phenomenal imagination and his ability to express it. I was blessed to get to meet Kim and her family and develop a friendship. They all encourage me, and Josh tickles my funny bone.

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Josh is one cool kid! He always cracks me up.

Niki said...

He is a great kid...and you're a great mom to be pointing that out! I had heard you had closed your comments here. I'll direct people to you to say what they want to say.

I'm so happy for all of you and will continue to pray for you as the media attention grows and continues.

Karma33 said...

My name is Karma, I have a 9 year old with HSAN and Chiari Malformation along with a few other diagnosis. I have been praying for a family to talk to. It is such a tough disorder. I would love to talk to you. You can email me at kktacoma@aol.com. We also have a page at carepages.com page name melissakretschmer.

Jan Parrish said...

I saw "your show" and cried the whole time. It was amazing and I can't think of a better family for that to happen to.

I was also very moved by Josh's sweet heart. What a generous and loving brother. Honestly, it moves me to tears even now.

Please give him a big hug for me and tell him what an incredible young man he is. God is going to do big things with him.

Just Nancy said...

I wanted to tell you that I watch EMHE and was choked up when I saw Josh say that he didn't go out to play much because Kayla can't. I even told my 18 year old daughter and she said it was the sweetest thing she'd ever heard. You really do have fabulous kids!

Nancy the Romancechick
nancy@nancysbrandt.com
www.nancysbrandt.com