Saturday, November 29, 2008

Storytellers

You all know I'm a writer. There's always some kind of story brewing up in this head of mine. But for those non-writers, we're a confusing bunch.

For instance, my incredible friend, Janelle, who does my nails. She's always asking me, "Where do you come up with all that?" And you know what? I think I would truly scare her if she knew all the different ideas and storylines that were pinging around in my brain at any given time.

I had a lady stop me after a "brainstorm" session one day at the pool. After hearing, "oooh, and then she could do this - and the bad guy could do that - and they'd find her scarf..." she told me that it must be fun to have all the creative energy flowing all the time. Yep, we're an odd bunch.

Anyway, I just finished my non-fiction book, No Sweat, which will be coming out Sept. 2009 - and have turned my attention back to my fiction books. I had the idea to use my invention of turkey diving in a story - and so, I'm coming to you all with a challenge.

Here it is: I'd like to hear your outrageous "turkey diving" stories. The funnier, the better. And - I might just use it in my book :)

There will be a prize for the winner - so if you haven't gone turkey diving yet, it's not too late. And if you have no idea what I'm talking about - read the previous post about turkey diving.

Happy Thanksgiving week to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool! I have a story!
I'll email it through the site here
I'm glad your blogging again, I missed reading everyhing
Candy

Anonymous said...

do you use real life stuff and fictionalize it? thats really cool.
I have loved your blog and I'm glad things may have calmed down some for youto write more.

Anonymous said...

I'm curious about the book. Your story fasinates me so I'm hoping it will be about the rest of the story?
K

Anonymous said...

I've heard it was your story as well? Is this true? I'm excited!
Casey

Heather Diane Tipton said...

I have never gone turkey diving... because someone never took me. =p