Wednesday, May 18, 2011

MomMomMomMomMom

Remember when your kids were toddlers? (Or they might still be toddlers now) And that's all you heard? "Mommommommommommommommommommom" etc. (Okay, so those of us with teenagers might hear that all the time too!)

It's a beautiful sound. To be called "Mom."

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Mother's Day this year was a little crazy as we were in California for a TV taping, so I've been doing my reminiscing over the past week or so since we returned.

I love being a mom
I love hearing my kids call me "mom"
I love cooking and yes, even cleaning for my family
I love being the mom of teenagers
I love driving them to swim team day after day after day after day...
I love sitting on "deck" and writing and working, and taking peeks at their skills in the water
I love traveling with my kids
I love singing at the top of my lungs with my kids in the car
I love watching movies with my kids
I love home schooling my kids
I love riding bikes with my kids
I love spending every day with them
I love being a mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya know, i think the pioneer woman blog is cool. but i think you could do an even better job. i know ya don't have lots time but ya have so much depth. i read a bunch of yur posts. thanx 4 the encuragment.
Sierra

Anonymous said...

you know? I've been doin' a little complaning about being a mom lately. Too much this and too much that. Timely post.

So I'm going to say it:
I love being a mom.
Thank you.
Emily

Jill said...

Wow, you're a better mom than I am. I don't enjoy most of this stuff, but I do it out of love. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the mom chores sometimes, especially when I'm working w/ my kids because they have so much positive energy and excitement that it rubs off on me. The rest of the time, I just feel tired. Ach. Like right now.

Kimberley Woodhouse said...

Jill - tired seems to be our middle names, huh? I'm sure you are a great mom - notice I didn't put I love laundry - because I couldn't honestly say that one :)
But I do love being a mom. I hope you are encouraged today by being a mom :)

Sierra - wow. I'm honored. I will definitely work on the blog, but don't know if I can compare to pioneer woman ;)

Emily - you go, girl. :)