Thursday, March 20, 2008

Dragons and Surprises and Mrs. Paul


I have this great friend, and her name is Donita K. Paul.
She has written these wonderful books - The DragonKeeper Chronicles!

As you all know, we were chosen for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - and my son Joshua's room was done in a dragon theme because of Mrs. Paul's books.

If you haven't read these books, you need to go buy them right now! They are INCREDIBLE!

And now, for the surprise!

There is a character in the last book of the series - Dragon Light - which comes out on June 17, 2008; this character is named after the members in our family. SO... there will be a very special prize for the one who comes the closest to guessing this character's name.

There's plenty of time, so either email me through the site here, or comment on the blog. I may give more hints as we go along :)

The pictures are of Josh and his favorite author - Donita K. Paul - in his specially designed dragon reading chair that is named "Softa." And the other picture has Josh, Kayla, and Mrs. Paul!

Happy Reading! And put your thinking caps on... The prize is oh-so-cool!
Keep checking back for more hints about the name and the prize...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How many times can we guess??? I have a couple of ideas.
~Kellie

Kimberley Woodhouse said...

There is no limit on the guessing! Fire away!

thepianist86 said...

so, i totally didn't know that you knew what the characters name was, let alone that there would be a prize for guessing it.

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

Aww, shucks. Guess I don't count and can't enter since I critique Donita's books and have already read this one. Plus, I've seen the name. LOL!

Oh well, it's going to be great fun coming back to see what others have guessed.

Like Kim said, put on those thinking caps and have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Jerejoshkaylakim? Mmmm, I'm too tired but thought it was funny! Speaking to the sheriff's office with our lawyer tomorrow; sin is a filthy business. I am glad God is seeing us through and we are forgiven.
Love, Kelley

ps I know Jack can come up with something better!

Anonymous said...

Can you give us a hint..like the number of letters?
ok, my first guess is...
Joshalajerekim. That's a really long name!!!!!
~lena~

Jan Parrish said...

I'm thinking Joshua Kay.

Donita is a gem.

Niki said...

hmm...how about Jekijoka? Or JKJK? Or J.K. Wood? Or just J.K.?
Are you laughing yet? I'm terrible at this. lol I had to throw a few guesses out there anyway. :) Whatever Donita chose for a name to represent your family, I'm sure it's creative and fun!

thepianist86 said...

ps...i bought book two. haven't read it yet, but i have it and it WILL be read.